Established in 1861, Red Funnel is an integrated transport and travel business that runs ferries from Southampton to the Isle of Wight. They needed to enhance their customer experience by seamlessly connecting the right employees with customers. Specifically, they were looking to find a more proactive communications solution, rather than a reactive one.
After working with Mitel, Customer Services Director, Murray Carter, said Red Funnel’s productivity has increased and their reaction time to customer communications has improved.
“We use skills-based routing to ensure that our customers receive the best possible customer service by ensuring that an agent fully capable, qualified and trained to handle their inquiry responds to their query,” said Carter. “We bring social media monitoring to evaluate areas that would improve and enhance their customer journey. We have decreased our complaints by 16%, but more importantly, we have increased our compliments by 116% year on year.”
- Improve customer service and satisfaction
- Better connect employees to customers
- Improve employee productivity
- Increased productivity and efficiency across the board
- Amount of compliments improved by 116% and amount of complaints decreased by 16%